3 PERFECT 200-CALORIE ON-THE GO
Here are 3 delicious light lunch recipes which are all around the 200-calorie mark and are designed to eat easily with no fuss.
Spicy muffin-style omelettes
These omelettes are ideal to take to work and pop in the microwave at lunchtime. They are great with a side salad or on their own. Double up the ingredients and make enough to freeze. Grab one on the go.
- 2 medium baby marrows coarsely grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 large garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 125g frozen peas
- 40g feta
- Turn on oven to 220C and lightly oil four 200ml ramekins or muffin pans (the type that makes large deep muffins).
- Beat eggs.
- Remove excess liquid from the grated baby marrows by squeezing them and add to egg mixture. Add all the other ingredients except the feta. Mix well.
- Pour into the ramekins, scatter with the feta and bake on a baking sheet for 20-25 mins until risen and set.
- Serve with a salad or eat alone on the go.
Cucumber and avo gazpacho with mint
This recipe is perfect for busy people who don’t have time to sit for lunch. Simply put this chilled soup into a flask and drink from a mug while on the go. It’s packed with goodness.
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small avo, chopped
- A bunch of spring onions chopped
- A small bunch of mint chopped
- 150ml fat-free plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- A few shakes of green Tabasco sauce
- Chopped chives to serve
- In a food processor or blender, blitz all the ingredients, reserving half the mint and yoghurt, until smooth.
- Add a little extra vinegar, Tabasco and seasoning to taste, then add a splash of water if you like it thinner.
- Chill until very cold, then serve with a dollop more yoghurt, mint, chives and a few ice cubes if you like. The soup will keep in the fridge for 2 days. Give it a good stir before serving.
Rice cake mini pizzas
This recipe is great to use when you are craving pizza and/or cheese. It’s quick and easy to do at work if you have a microwave oven there. Prepare at home by packing the ingredients ready to use at work.
- Warm sauce in a microwave-safe mini cup until it’s warm.
- Spread sauce over the rice cakes.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella over the top, spread evenly.
- Microwave until cheese melts, about 20 seconds.
Copyright 2020 Cambridge Weight Plan Southern Africa | All Rights Reserved